WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Rita McLaughlin, a lifelong resident of White Plains, died Jan. 14. She was 91.
McLaughlin was born Jan. 8, 1923, to Mary McGuirl and Daniel McLaughlin. She attended St. John the Evangelist School and worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in New York City.
She then worked as an admission receptionist at St. Agnes Hospital and White Plains Hospital for many years. She was a member of the Columbiettes at the Knights of Columbus in White Plains.
McLaughlin is survived by two nieces, Carol (John) Wall and Doreen (Rich) Massaroni; a nephew, Dan (Mary) McLaughlin; and their families. She was predeceased by a sister, Eleanor; and two brothers, John and Daniel.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at McMahon, Lyon and Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Evangelist Church. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather