WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Rita McLaughlin, a lifelong resident of White Plains, died Jan. 14. She was 91.
McLaughlin was born Jan. 8, 1923, to Mary McGuirl and Daniel McLaughlin. She attended St. John the Evangelist School and worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in New York City.
She then worked as an admission receptionist at St. Agnes Hospital and White Plains Hospital for many years. She was a member of the Columbiettes at the Knights of Columbus in White Plains.
McLaughlin is survived by two nieces, Carol (John) Wall and Doreen (Rich) Massaroni; a nephew, Dan (Mary) McLaughlin; and their families. She was predeceased by a sister, Eleanor; and two brothers, John and Daniel.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at McMahon, Lyon and Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Evangelist Church. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday