WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Rita McLaughlin, a lifelong resident of White Plains, died Jan. 14. She was 91.
McLaughlin was born Jan. 8, 1923, to Mary McGuirl and Daniel McLaughlin. She attended St. John the Evangelist School and worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in New York City.
She then worked as an admission receptionist at St. Agnes Hospital and White Plains Hospital for many years. She was a member of the Columbiettes at the Knights of Columbus in White Plains.
McLaughlin is survived by two nieces, Carol (John) Wall and Doreen (Rich) Massaroni; a nephew, Dan (Mary) McLaughlin; and their families. She was predeceased by a sister, Eleanor; and two brothers, John and Daniel.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at McMahon, Lyon and Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Evangelist Church. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 3 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 White Plains Common Council Candidates Differ On Parking, FASNY