WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Rita McLaughlin, a lifelong resident of White Plains, died Jan. 14. She was 91.
McLaughlin was born Jan. 8, 1923, to Mary McGuirl and Daniel McLaughlin. She attended St. John the Evangelist School and worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in New York City.
She then worked as an admission receptionist at St. Agnes Hospital and White Plains Hospital for many years. She was a member of the Columbiettes at the Knights of Columbus in White Plains.
McLaughlin is survived by two nieces, Carol (John) Wall and Doreen (Rich) Massaroni; a nephew, Dan (Mary) McLaughlin; and their families. She was predeceased by a sister, Eleanor; and two brothers, John and Daniel.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at McMahon, Lyon and Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Evangelist Church. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs The Westchester In White Plains
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 White Plains Hospital Partnership With Montefiore Approved By State Panel
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud