WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Mary E. Orjuela Turso of White Plains died Dec. 24 at her home. She was 78.
She was born June 2, 1934, in White Plains to Joseph and Lenora D'Alesandro. She worked as a nursing assistant at White Plains Center for Nursing.
Turso was predeceased by her first husband, Frank J. Turso, in 1980.
She is survived by her second husband, Victor Orjuela, of White Plains; a son, Joseph Turso, of Rutland, Vt.; a stepdaughter, Christina; a brother, Joseph D'Alesandro, of Pleasantville; a sister, Virginia Salerno, of Cary; two grandchildren and a step-grandson.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m., Thursday, at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Friday, at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in White Plains. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery in Greenburgh.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 White Plains Celebrating July 4 With A Bang