WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Mary Kathryn Peeples (nee: Skellenger) of White Plains died Wednesday, Jan. 22. She was 77.
Peeples was born Jan. 7, 1936, to John Skellenger and Dorothy Driscoll. She worked for the White Plains Public Schools where she served as a teaching assistant beginning in 1979. Prior to that she was employed as a social worker and briefly owned the Little Professor book store.
Peeples is survived by her sons, John, William and Robert all of White Plains; daughters-in-law, Nefertiti Greene and Alison Hoffman; four grandchildren; and brother, William Skellenger. She was predeceased by her husband, John R. Peeples.
No service details were available.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather