WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Marie Brody of White Plains died Wednesday, March 5. She was 85.
Brody was born June 8, 1928, in La Calamine, Belgium, to Henri Wertz and Marie Meessen Wertz. She was a member of St John’s The Evangelist Church in White Plains, and was active over the years with the Rosary of Altar Society and was president for two years of the Ladies Auxiliary. She was a manager/cook at White Plains High School for over 20 years and retired in 1992.
Brody is survived by her husband, Joseph Brody; children, Paul Brody from Prattsville, Patricia Edwards of Branford, Conn., Andre Brody of White Plains and Michelle Antini of Branford, Conn.; sister, Annie Schroeder of La Calamine, Belgium; seven grandchildren; and 10 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her sister, Tini (Catherine) Govaerts.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7 from 4 to 8 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 8 at St. John the Evangelist Church. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 2 Lyon Place, White Plains, NY 10601.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 5 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday