WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Marie Brody of White Plains died Wednesday, March 5. She was 85.
Brody was born June 8, 1928, in La Calamine, Belgium, to Henri Wertz and Marie Meessen Wertz. She was a member of St John’s The Evangelist Church in White Plains, and was active over the years with the Rosary of Altar Society and was president for two years of the Ladies Auxiliary. She was a manager/cook at White Plains High School for over 20 years and retired in 1992.
Brody is survived by her husband, Joseph Brody; children, Paul Brody from Prattsville, Patricia Edwards of Branford, Conn., Andre Brody of White Plains and Michelle Antini of Branford, Conn.; sister, Annie Schroeder of La Calamine, Belgium; seven grandchildren; and 10 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her sister, Tini (Catherine) Govaerts.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7 from 4 to 8 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 8 at St. John the Evangelist Church. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 2 Lyon Place, White Plains, NY 10601.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 3 White Plains Council Vote On French-American School Expected On Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery