WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Marie Brody of White Plains died Wednesday, March 5. She was 85.
Brody was born June 8, 1928, in La Calamine, Belgium, to Henri Wertz and Marie Meessen Wertz. She was a member of St John’s The Evangelist Church in White Plains, and was active over the years with the Rosary of Altar Society and was president for two years of the Ladies Auxiliary. She was a manager/cook at White Plains High School for over 20 years and retired in 1992.
Brody is survived by her husband, Joseph Brody; children, Paul Brody from Prattsville, Patricia Edwards of Branford, Conn., Andre Brody of White Plains and Michelle Antini of Branford, Conn.; sister, Annie Schroeder of La Calamine, Belgium; seven grandchildren; and 10 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her sister, Tini (Catherine) Govaerts.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7 from 4 to 8 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 8 at St. John the Evangelist Church. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 2 Lyon Place, White Plains, NY 10601.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In White Plains