WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Maria Tassone, a White Plains resident, died June 27. She was 79.
Tassone was born July 15, 1934, in St. Vito, Calabria, Italy, to Vincenzo and Rosaria (Piacente) Ciraco. She and her husband migrated with their children in June of 1970 and settled in White Plains (Greenburgh) for 44 years. She worked for 30 years at Corham Flowers (Petals) in White Plains as a floral arranger.
Tassone is survived by her children, Elisabetta (Ennio) Ranallo of Valhalla, Rosalba (Robert) Bohlmann of Mahopac and Vito (Carmela)Tassone of West Harrison; eight grandchildren; brothers, Giuseppe Ciraco of White Plains and Francesco Ciraco of Florida; many nieces and nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Giovanni Tassone; and brother, Vito Ciraco.
Calling hours are Monday, June 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 1 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. The entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather