WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Lillian Becker of White Plains died March 20. She was 94.
Becker was born May 23, 1919, in Brooklyn, to Leon and Bessie Blumenthal. She graduated as a registered nurse from Kings College in Brooklyn and was a registered nurse for over 70 years. She attended Columbia University and received her Bachelor's degree from Pace University. She moved with her family to White Plains from Queens in 1962 after opening a business in the area. Over her lifetime she owned three nursing homes, a travel agency and was a licensed real estate agent. She served as president of the Lionesses Club, was active on the Elks Club and served on the Advisory Board of the Salvation Army.
Becker is survived by her children, Bonnie L. Becker and Mark W. Becker both of White Plains; brother, Henry Blumenthal of Kansas City, Missouri; four grandchildren; and five great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and daughter, Susan Green.
The family will receive visitors for Shiva Monday, March 24 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Sharon Gardens Cemetery in Valhalla, Development Dept. 540 White Plains Road, Suite 300 Tarrytown, NY 10591-9908.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Hospice Care in Westchester and Putnam.
- 1 Luxury Apartment Project Spurs Downtown Development In White Plains
- 2 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After Missing Child Is Found Unharmed