YONKERS, N.Y. - Joseph Maschak of Yonkers died Sunday, April 13. He was 86.
Maschak was born Dec. 23, 1927, to Harry and Eva (Solen) Maschak in Yonkers, where he was raised and graduated from Saunders High School. He was a building mechanic for AT&T in White Plains, retiring in 1984. He was a parishioner of St. Michael's Ukrainian Church and a former member of the Hollow Fishing Club. He was a World War II Army veteran and a former member of Post 1506.
Maschak is survived by his son, Joseph J. (Catherine) Maschak of Rye; two grandchildren; a step-grandchild; brothers, Anthony and Nicholas Maschak; and sisters, Anne Chandler and Helen Charleton. He was predeceased by his wife, Loretta Carey; daughter, Marilyn Imundo; and siblings, Peter, Michael, John, William Maschak and Mary Hoyko and Rosalie Botcheller.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Wednesday, April 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 17 at the funeral home. Interment at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 4 A New Traffic Light Blooms In Downtown White Plains
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers