WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Joseph "Joe" Grant Jr., of White Plains, died Jan. 5. He was 65.
Born in Mount Vernon, Grant graduated from Mount Vernon public schools. He served in the Air Force and worked as the nutrition coordinator of senior meals for the city of Mount Vernon at the Mount Vernon Armory.
Grant is survived by his wife, Iris Davis Grant; five sisters, Joan Jordan, Vickie Kershaw, Susan Wilson, Debra Strand and Denise Jones; a brother, Sean Jones; and many in-laws, aunts, uncles, relatives and friends.
Visitation is from 3 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Lee O. Wood Funeral Home in Mount Vernon. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Greater Centennial AME Zion Church in Mount Vernon.
- 1 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust