WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Joseph "Joe" Grant Jr., of White Plains, died Jan. 5. He was 65.
Born in Mount Vernon, Grant graduated from Mount Vernon public schools. He served in the Air Force and worked as the nutrition coordinator of senior meals for the city of Mount Vernon at the Mount Vernon Armory.
Grant is survived by his wife, Iris Davis Grant; five sisters, Joan Jordan, Vickie Kershaw, Susan Wilson, Debra Strand and Denise Jones; a brother, Sean Jones; and many in-laws, aunts, uncles, relatives and friends.
Visitation is from 3 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Lee O. Wood Funeral Home in Mount Vernon. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Greater Centennial AME Zion Church in Mount Vernon.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola