WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Joseph Francis Pardus of White Plains and formerly of Torrington Conn., died March 8. He was 85.
Pardus was born May 7, 1928, in Torrington Conn., to Victoria (Buchor) and Steven Pardus. He was a graduate and valedictorian of Torrington High School’s class of 1946. He was a graduate from the University of Connecticut and was a member of the Elks Lodge 372 Old Timers. He was employed for 21 years as a manager for the State Unemployment Compensation Division of Connecticut.
Pardus is survived by his partner, Edward C. Chorley of White Plains; brother, Francis (Ingrid) Pardus of Torrington Conn.; nieces and nephews; and several grandnieces and grandnephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, John Pardus; and sisters, Ann Leone and Margaret Carlson.
There will be a service at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 12 at the mausoleum at St. Peters Cemetery in Torrington Conn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pardus’ memory to the National Wildlife Federation, PO box 1582, Merrifield, Va., 22116-1582.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Rivals Stepinac, Iona Prep Meet For CHSFL Football Title