WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Joseph Francis Pardus of White Plains and formerly of Torrington Conn., died March 8. He was 85.
Pardus was born May 7, 1928, in Torrington Conn., to Victoria (Buchor) and Steven Pardus. He was a graduate and valedictorian of Torrington High School’s class of 1946. He was a graduate from the University of Connecticut and was a member of the Elks Lodge 372 Old Timers. He was employed for 21 years as a manager for the State Unemployment Compensation Division of Connecticut.
Pardus is survived by his partner, Edward C. Chorley of White Plains; brother, Francis (Ingrid) Pardus of Torrington Conn.; nieces and nephews; and several grandnieces and grandnephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, John Pardus; and sisters, Ann Leone and Margaret Carlson.
There will be a service at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 12 at the mausoleum at St. Peters Cemetery in Torrington Conn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pardus’ memory to the National Wildlife Federation, PO box 1582, Merrifield, Va., 22116-1582.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 2 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust