WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Joseph Francis Pardus of White Plains and formerly of Torrington Conn., died March 8. He was 85.
Pardus was born May 7, 1928, in Torrington Conn., to Victoria (Buchor) and Steven Pardus. He was a graduate and valedictorian of Torrington High School’s class of 1946. He was a graduate from the University of Connecticut and was a member of the Elks Lodge 372 Old Timers. He was employed for 21 years as a manager for the State Unemployment Compensation Division of Connecticut.
Pardus is survived by his partner, Edward C. Chorley of White Plains; brother, Francis (Ingrid) Pardus of Torrington Conn.; nieces and nephews; and several grandnieces and grandnephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, John Pardus; and sisters, Ann Leone and Margaret Carlson.
There will be a service at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 12 at the mausoleum at St. Peters Cemetery in Torrington Conn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pardus’ memory to the National Wildlife Federation, PO box 1582, Merrifield, Va., 22116-1582.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 White Plains Neighbors Of Proposed FASNY School Plan Saturday Protest
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests