THORNWOOD, N.Y. - Jane Rushneck, a lifelong resident of Thornwood, died March 16. She was 85.
Rushneck was born Nov. 9, 1928, in Mount Vernon, to Albert and Irma Russell Coroen and graduated from Pleasantville High School. She attended White Plains Hospital Nursing School and upon graduation worked as a nurse at that hospital. In 1958, after her marriage she moved to Thornwood to raise her family.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Hawthorne where she served on the Altar Guild for many years. She was also a member of the Thornwood Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary.
Rushneck is survived by her sons, Ronald (Valorie) of Naples, Fla., Gary (Karen) of Mahopac; daughter, Susan Spano (Jimmy) of Briarcliff; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister, Pam Bartlett (Stephen). She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Ronald (Sonny); grandson, Randy; and sister, Betty Verille.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 20 from 3 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home in Pleasantville. Funeral services will be held at 10:15 a.m. Friday, March 21 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Hawthorne. Interment to follow at Kensico Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Rushneck's memory to the Alzheimer's Foundation, 2900 Westchester Ave., Purchase, NY 10577.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 4 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 5 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary