WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helene Segel of White Plains died Nov. 16. She was 81.
Segel was born April 6, 1932, to Harold and Dorothy Vernon. She graduated from Boston University in 1953 with a degree in education; she taught in elementary school in Del Rio, Texas; Rome, New York; and Chateauroux, France while her husband served in the United States Air Force. She then taught in White Plains, and finally for over 20 years in Irvington. She retired from teaching in 1994.
Segel is survived by her husband, Lawrence; daughter, Linda Ramos; two grandchildren; and sister, Joan (Theodore) Gerrig. She was predeceased by her parents.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ballarddurand.com/obituaries/Helene-Segel/#!/Obituary
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 White Plains Little League Baseball Teams Advance To State Playoffs
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate