WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helene Segel of White Plains died Nov. 16. She was 81.
Segel was born April 6, 1932, to Harold and Dorothy Vernon. She graduated from Boston University in 1953 with a degree in education; she taught in elementary school in Del Rio, Texas; Rome, New York; and Chateauroux, France while her husband served in the United States Air Force. She then taught in White Plains, and finally for over 20 years in Irvington. She retired from teaching in 1994.
Segel is survived by her husband, Lawrence; daughter, Linda Ramos; two grandchildren; and sister, Joan (Theodore) Gerrig. She was predeceased by her parents.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ballarddurand.com/obituaries/Helene-Segel/#!/Obituary
- 1 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 2 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director