WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helene Segel of White Plains died Nov. 16. She was 81.
Segel was born April 6, 1932, to Harold and Dorothy Vernon. She graduated from Boston University in 1953 with a degree in education; she taught in elementary school in Del Rio, Texas; Rome, New York; and Chateauroux, France while her husband served in the United States Air Force. She then taught in White Plains, and finally for over 20 years in Irvington. She retired from teaching in 1994.
Segel is survived by her husband, Lawrence; daughter, Linda Ramos; two grandchildren; and sister, Joan (Theodore) Gerrig. She was predeceased by her parents.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ballarddurand.com/obituaries/Helene-Segel/#!/Obituary
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 3 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 White Plains Common Council Candidates Differ On Parking, FASNY