WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Helene Segel of White Plains died Nov. 16. She was 81.
Segel was born April 6, 1932, to Harold and Dorothy Vernon. She graduated from Boston University in 1953 with a degree in education; she taught in elementary school in Del Rio, Texas; Rome, New York; and Chateauroux, France while her husband served in the United States Air Force. She then taught in White Plains, and finally for over 20 years in Irvington. She retired from teaching in 1994.
Segel is survived by her husband, Lawrence; daughter, Linda Ramos; two grandchildren; and sister, Joan (Theodore) Gerrig. She was predeceased by her parents.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ballarddurand.com/obituaries/Helene-Segel/#!/Obituary
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson