ALLENTOWN, N.J. - Garfield E. Poncé of Allentown, formerly of White Plains, N.Y., died April 24. He was 86.
Poncé was born May 9, 1927, in New York, to Henry and Violet (Griffith) Poncé. He graduated from Stuyvesant High School and then served in the U.S. Army during World War II. After the service, he graduated from The City College of New York with a degree in chemical engineering. He was employed at Lockheed Martin Corp for 20 years in Little Falls N.J., until his retirement. He was a White Plains N.Y., resident for over 40 years.
Poncé is survived by his wife, Mildred; children, Gary Poncé of Stamford Conn., Robert (Marie) Poncé of New York, N.Y., Pamela (Curtis) Johnson of Franklin Park, N.J.; sister, Yvonne Garnes of St. Albans, N.Y.; three grandchildren; nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the McMahon Funeral Home. A prayer service with the family will begin at 8 p.m. Visitation will continue at The White Plains Presbyterian Church Friday, May 2 from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. before the service begins at 9:30 a.m. Interment to follow at The Kensico Cemetery, Mt. Pleasant, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 2900 Westchester Ave., Suite 306 Purchase NY 10577.
- 1 White Plains Neighbors Of Proposed FASNY School Plan Saturday Protest
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition