NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Frank J. Natonski of New Canaan died Feb. 9. He was 93.
Natonski was born Jan. 10, 1921, in Amsterdam, N.Y., to Joseph and Sophie Natonski. He graduated from Wilbur Lynch High School in Amsterdam, N.Y., and joined the Civilian Conservation Corps out of high school working at Yellowstone National Park. In 1940 he joined the U.S. Marines and served in the infantry. During World War II he served as a civilian aircraft mechanic for the U.S. Navy at Pearl Harbor.
After the war he joined General Electric’s Flight Test Operation in Schenectady, N.Y. He subsequently moved to New Canaan in 1954 and worked for the GE Executive Flight Service at White Plains, N.Y., as a flight engineer and aircraft mechanic. He worked for GE for over 35 years. He was a member of the Senior Men’s Club of New Canaan and a parishioner of Saint Aloysius Catholic Church.
Natonski is survived by his wife, Sadie; son, Lt. Gen. Richard F. Natonski, USMC (Ret) (Barbara) of Alexandria, Va.; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
A Memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 at St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Luxury Apartment Project Spurs Downtown Development In White Plains
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges