NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Francesco Salerno of North White Plains died May 31. He was 70.
Salerno was born Oct.3, 1943, to Ostilio and Maria (nee Campolongo) Salerno in Altomonte, Italy. He worked for the Town of North Castle Highway Department.
Salerno is survived by his wife, Pierina (nee Mele) Salerno of North White Plains; children, Anna and Lorena Salerno both of North White Plains and Ostilio Salerno of Bedford Hills; two grandchildren; two brothers; and a sister. He was predeceased by his parents; and two brothers.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5 at Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 4 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat