NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Francesco Salerno of North White Plains died May 31. He was 70.
Salerno was born Oct.3, 1943, to Ostilio and Maria (nee Campolongo) Salerno in Altomonte, Italy. He worked for the Town of North Castle Highway Department.
Salerno is survived by his wife, Pierina (nee Mele) Salerno of North White Plains; children, Anna and Lorena Salerno both of North White Plains and Ostilio Salerno of Bedford Hills; two grandchildren; two brothers; and a sister. He was predeceased by his parents; and two brothers.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5 at Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather