NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Francesco Salerno of North White Plains died May 31. He was 70.
Salerno was born Oct.3, 1943, to Ostilio and Maria (nee Campolongo) Salerno in Altomonte, Italy. He worked for the Town of North Castle Highway Department.
Salerno is survived by his wife, Pierina (nee Mele) Salerno of North White Plains; children, Anna and Lorena Salerno both of North White Plains and Ostilio Salerno of Bedford Hills; two grandchildren; two brothers; and a sister. He was predeceased by his parents; and two brothers.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5 at Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To White Plains