WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Duncan T. MacRae Sr., a West Harrison resident, died Jan. 1. He was 65.
MacRae was born Dec. 12, 1948, in New York City, to Roderick MacRae Jr. and Grace Lavin MacRae.
He was a graduate of White Plains High School and attended Fordham University. He then served in the U.S. Army and was a veteran of Vietnam, serving with the First Cavalry Division and was awarded the Bronze Star, Air Medal and Army Commendation Medal.
He served with the White Plains Fire Department, retiring as a lieutenant. For many years, he was president of Local 274 of the International Association of Firefighters, as well as holding the office of executive vice president of the State Union and was a labor relations consultant after retirement.
MacRae is survived by his wife, Kathy of West Harrison; children, Timothy (Suzanna) MacRae of Charlotte, N.C., Duncan T. MacRae Jr. and Alison Covert of Mahopac Falls; two grandchildren; and brother, Roderick (Robin) MacRae III of Paterson. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Sunday, Jan. 5 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 6 with Pastor Norm White officiating, at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 White Plains Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued