WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Doyle Ray Roberts of White Plains died June 10. He was 79.
Roberts was born March 16, 1935, in Oklahoma City, Okla., to Doyle Roberts and Rosa Lee (Alford) Rucker. He graduated from White Plains High School in 1953 and attended Syracuse University. He served in the U.S. Army and was discharged in 1960. In 1990, after 33 years, he retired from the U.S. Postal Service, Mt. Vernon, as manager of accounting. He subsequently opened D & R Income Tax Service.
Roberts is survived by his wife, Barbara (Hudson) Roberts; son Donald (Deandrea) Roberts of Salina, Kan.; daughter, Adrienne (Chris) Wood of Douglasville, Ga.; six grandchildren; sister, Arlene (Ronnie) Blackwell; brother, Richard Roberts; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13 from 5 to 8 p.m. Funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14 all at Lee's Funeral Home. Burial Kensico Cemetery, Valhalla.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says