NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Dorothy Battistelli of North White Plains died May 11. She was 99.
Battistelli was born Aug. 9, 1914, in White Plains. She worked for the American Lung Association in White Plains, and volunteered at Rosary Hill Home in Hawthorne, and Burke Rehabilitation in White Plains. She was a member of the Rosary Altar Society of Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla.
Battistelli is survived by her daughter, Suzanne Paterson of Fleischmanns; five grandchildren; six great grandchildren; and two great great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, McKinley Battistelli; son, Robert Battistelli; great grandchild, Noah; and brother, Harry Clark.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, May 16 at the Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Interment at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St.Judes Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola