GREEN VALLEY, Ariz. - Charles G. Topping, Jr., of Green Valley, formerly of White Plains, N.Y., died Monday, March 3. He was 73.
Topping was born Dec. 6, 1940, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Charles G. (Sr.) and Helen (Martin) Topping. He graduated from Archbishop Stepinac H.S. in White Plains, N.Y., and earned his BA degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1963 and an MBA degree from Columbia in 1968. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1963 until 1967 and had a career in business working for Gillette, Cooper Labs, Chayes Virginia and Teledyne, and later as co-owner and CEO of T & C Industries in Darien, Wisc., until retiring in 2005.
Topping is survived by his children, Charles R. Topping (Rosalyn) of Kenosha, Wis., and Brian D. Topping (Vicky) of Dubuque, Iowa; six grandchildren; brother, John D. Topping (Shirlene) of San Antonio, Texas; and former wife, Betty Topping of Naperville, Ill. He was predeceased by his brother, L. Martin Topping.
Calling hours are Monday, March 10 from 9:30 a.m. until time of Mass at 11 a.m. at St. Anthony Church, 1870 St. Ambrose St., Dubuque, Iowa. Interment at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Elwood, Ill.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Topping's memory to DuPage Pads http://www.dupagepads.org
- 1 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 2 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director