FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Beatrice P. Swanson (Bea) of Fairfield, formerly of White Plains, N.Y., died Tuesday, April 8. She was 86.
Swanson was born in Lancaster, Pa., and was the daughter of William and Esta Jacobson. She had been a White Plains resident for many years prior to moving to Fairfield three years ago. She first worked as a telephone operator for the Bell Telephone Company prior to beginning a long career in retail sales for the Sears & Roebuck Company in White Plains.
Swanson is survived by her daughter, Susan Shea (John) of Fairfield; two grandchildren; and two cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Walter Swanson.
Calling hours are Saturday, April 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. A service celebrating Swanson’s life will be held at the conclusion of the visitation. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to either the CT Humane Society, 701 Russell Rd., Newington, CT 06111 (www.cthumane.org) or to Halle's Hope, P.O. Box 397, New Canaan, CT 06840 (www.halleshope.org).
For more information, please visit: http://www.SpearMillerFuneralHome.com
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 White Plains Neighbors Of Proposed FASNY School Plan Saturday Protest
- 5 Astorino Pledges Westchester County Will Grow 'Smarter, Safer, Stronger'