WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Agnes Foster, a longtime White Plains resident, died Nov. 23 at Putnam Ridge Nursing Home in Brewster, N.Y. She was 90.
Born Nov. 14, 1922, Foster worked as a telephone operator in the 1940s and ’50s. She was a co-owner of Maizie Consignment Shop in Hartsdale for many years. She retired and moved to North Fort Myers, Fla.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Linda) Foster of Stormville, N.Y.; a daughter, Nancy Mathews of South Plainfield, N.J.; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, William W. Foster.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Ballard-Durand Funeral Home in White Plains. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral Home. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Mount Pleasant.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95