WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Agnes Foster, a longtime White Plains resident, died Nov. 23 at Putnam Ridge Nursing Home in Brewster, N.Y. She was 90.
Born Nov. 14, 1922, Foster worked as a telephone operator in the 1940s and ’50s. She was a co-owner of Maizie Consignment Shop in Hartsdale for many years. She retired and moved to North Fort Myers, Fla.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Linda) Foster of Stormville, N.Y.; a daughter, Nancy Mathews of South Plainfield, N.J.; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, William W. Foster.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Ballard-Durand Funeral Home in White Plains. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral Home. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Mount Pleasant.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 4 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak