WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- Westchester is home to nine billionaires including White Plains’ Mark Zuckerberg , on the 2014 Forbes 400 list that was released on Monday, Sept. 29.
- Just in time for National Coffee Day, newly renovated Starbucks shops reopened at 200 Main St. in White Plains as well as on Purchase Street in Rye and at the Rye Ridge Shopping Center.
- Students from local and private schools across nine Westchester County towns were among 1,600 semifinalists chosen for the 2015 National Achievement Scholarship program , reportsLoHud.com.
- The New York State Department of Health has confirmed the spread of enterovirus-D68 (EV-D68) throughout New York State and is again reminding New Yorkers to take precautions to stop new infections.
- During a hard hat ceremony attended by more than 200 hospital leaders, doctors and nurses, construction workers and public officials Tuesday, the final steel beam was placed atop the six-story addition to White Plains Hospital .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.