WHITE PLAINS, N.Y -- The White Plains Youth Bureau, Bunge Limited and Volunteer New York! will host the first White Plains Kids Safety Day on Wednesday, July 23, for campers at the Bits N Pieces Day Camp.
Coach and speaker John O’Leary, who suffered burns on 98 percent of his body and was not expected to survive when he was 9 years old, will start the day with an inspirational talk.
The campers will then work through 10 safety stations that include hands-on activities covering bike safety, disability awareness, electrical safety, emergency preparedness, fire safety, first aid, home safety, Internet safety, sun safety and water safety.
“It takes a village to create a healthy and safe city. Bunge Corp. and Volunteer New York! have been great partners in helping to create and maintain a safe White Plains,” said Youth Bureau Director Frank Williams.
The safety day program was developed with support from the Progressive Agriculture Foundation, which provides children’s safety and health education across North America.
- 1 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Harrison Sisters' Goodness In Funeral Mass