WHITE PLAINS, N.Y -- The White Plains Youth Bureau, Bunge Limited and Volunteer New York! will host the first White Plains Kids Safety Day on Wednesday, July 23, for campers at the Bits N Pieces Day Camp.
Coach and speaker John O’Leary, who suffered burns on 98 percent of his body and was not expected to survive when he was 9 years old, will start the day with an inspirational talk.
The campers will then work through 10 safety stations that include hands-on activities covering bike safety, disability awareness, electrical safety, emergency preparedness, fire safety, first aid, home safety, Internet safety, sun safety and water safety.
“It takes a village to create a healthy and safe city. Bunge Corp. and Volunteer New York! have been great partners in helping to create and maintain a safe White Plains,” said Youth Bureau Director Frank Williams.
The safety day program was developed with support from the Progressive Agriculture Foundation, which provides children’s safety and health education across North America.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 3 Snow Could Return To White Plains For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents