WHITE PLAINS, N.Y -- The White Plains Youth Bureau, Bunge Limited and Volunteer New York! will host the first White Plains Kids Safety Day on Wednesday, July 23, for campers at the Bits N Pieces Day Camp.
Coach and speaker John O’Leary, who suffered burns on 98 percent of his body and was not expected to survive when he was 9 years old, will start the day with an inspirational talk.
The campers will then work through 10 safety stations that include hands-on activities covering bike safety, disability awareness, electrical safety, emergency preparedness, fire safety, first aid, home safety, Internet safety, sun safety and water safety.
“It takes a village to create a healthy and safe city. Bunge Corp. and Volunteer New York! have been great partners in helping to create and maintain a safe White Plains,” said Youth Bureau Director Frank Williams.
The safety day program was developed with support from the Progressive Agriculture Foundation, which provides children’s safety and health education across North America.
- 1 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 White Plains Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Going To Be A Dad
- 4 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 5 White Plains Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night