WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — A teenage boy reported that his bicycle, worth $300, was stolen Tuesday morning from the bike rack at White Plains High School, police said.
The victim told police he locked his blue and black mountain bike, which has a yellow cross and a circle on the frame, to the bike rack around 8:30 a.m. and when he returned at 12:40 p.m. it was missing. The lock was on the ground where he had left the bike, and it appeared to have been cut, the police report said.
The teen notified school security officers, who searched the area but did not find the bike. If caught, the suspect would face a misdemeanor charge of petty larceny.
- 1 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Makes Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 3 White Plains Scholar Named National Achievement Semifinalist
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 22 Enterovirus Cases Confirmed In Westchester