WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- On top of plans to release an EP in the fall, to be followed by a full album in 2015, White Plains artist Jessica Antonette, who goes by J. Antonette, is trying to get her songs placed on television and film and writing music for mainstream artists.
- State Sen. Thomas W. Libous was indicted in federal court in White Plains on Tuesday, July 1, on charges of lying to federal agents, according to The New York Times.
- Burke Rehabilitation Center has named four 2014 Burke Award honorees.
- Rye High School graduate Lucia Villani helped Grace Bennett get adjusted to her very first bicycle, which was one of 10 to be given away Wednesday as part of a new Westchester County initiative, Bikes4Kids.
- The Archbishop Stepinac Alumni Theatre has announced that its 50th anniversary production will be "Follies," a book by James Goldman Music.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95