WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach is satisfied with the Mass Transit Task Force's recommendation to re-develop the White Plains Metro-North Station , he said in a statement.
- A jury has found the City of White Plains negligent in a 2005 stabbing in a parking garage near the Galleria that killed Concetta "Connie" Russo-Carriero, according to LoHud.com.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has joined the United Way of Westchester and Putnam to celebrate National "2-1-1 Day."
- A new law in White Plains will require certain businesses within the city to install high-quality security cameras , according to CBS New York.
- Westchester County police recovered 16 grams of cocaine, 10 glassine envelopes of heroin, 50 pipes used to smoke crack cocaine and arrested five people on related drug charges at an Ossining home this past weekend, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.