WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach and Common Council members John Kirkpatrick, John Martin and Beth Smayda were sworn in at the Common Council meeting on the evening of Monday, Jan. 6.
Martin was sworn in by City Court Judge Jo Ann Friia as council member and as council president.
All positions were previously held except for Martin, who will replace Smayda as council president effective on Jan. 6.
Roach expressed his gratitude for being allowed another term as mayor and for the people who help him run the city.
"I want to thank everyone who works for this city. I want to thank my colleagues and congratulate those who were just re-elected for their hard work," he said, "Everyone on this council is focused on the best interest of our city. I think it shows and is being recognized in other levels of government and throughout the state."
He added, "I would also like to thank the residents of White Plains for putting faith in me and giving me the opportunity to serve for another four years."
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 3 White Plains Shopping Center Has Been Spruced Up With Fashion, Bowling
- 4 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College