WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains resident Hopeton Labeach, 55, has been sentenced to one to three years in prison for allegedly cheating an 89-year-old woman out of $7,900, according to LoHud.com.
Labeach led the woman to believe she had won a prize through the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes but could only receive it by sending him several money orders, the article said.
Labeach pleaded guilty to a felony fourth-degree money laundering charge on Dec. 13 in Albany County Court, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Makes Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer