WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains resident Hopeton Labeach, 55, has been sentenced to one to three years in prison for allegedly cheating an 89-year-old woman out of $7,900, according to LoHud.com.
Labeach led the woman to believe she had won a prize through the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes but could only receive it by sending him several money orders, the article said.
Labeach pleaded guilty to a felony fourth-degree money laundering charge on Dec. 13 in Albany County Court, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 4 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence
- 5 White Plains Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting