WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains resident Hopeton Labeach, 55, has been sentenced to one to three years in prison for allegedly cheating an 89-year-old woman out of $7,900, according to LoHud.com.
Labeach led the woman to believe she had won a prize through the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes but could only receive it by sending him several money orders, the article said.
Labeach pleaded guilty to a felony fourth-degree money laundering charge on Dec. 13 in Albany County Court, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Two Westchester Post Offices Offer Extended Hours For Tax Day
- 2 White Plains Doctor Predicts Tough Days Ahead For Spring Allergies
- 3 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Rye High School Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say