WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains resident Hopeton Labeach, 55, has been sentenced to one to three years in prison for allegedly cheating an 89-year-old woman out of $7,900, according to LoHud.com.
Labeach led the woman to believe she had won a prize through the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes but could only receive it by sending him several money orders, the article said.
Labeach pleaded guilty to a felony fourth-degree money laundering charge on Dec. 13 in Albany County Court, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Little League Baseball Teams Advance To State Playoffs
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 5 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious