WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains resident Hopeton Labeach, 55, has been sentenced to one to three years in prison for allegedly cheating an 89-year-old woman out of $7,900, according to LoHud.com.
Labeach led the woman to believe she had won a prize through the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes but could only receive it by sending him several money orders, the article said.
Labeach pleaded guilty to a felony fourth-degree money laundering charge on Dec. 13 in Albany County Court, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday