WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- Police arrested a White Plains man, Salvador Lopez, who was accused of driving drunk with his young daughter in the car .
- A White Plains rabbi visiting Israel this week will remain in the country to complete his solidarity mission despite the continuing violence.
- Owners of restaurant Butterfield 8, recently bought a Brother Jimmy’s BBQ franchise , which will take the place of Butterfield 8, an upscale restaurant at the corner of Mamaroneck Avenue and East Post Road. when renovations are complete.
- Westchester Jewish Community Services’ Off The Street Program has been selected as one of the winners of New York State’s 68 Advantage After-School Program grants . WJCS Off The Street has been granted almost $172,000 each year for five years.
- Community Unitarian Church at White Plains has announced that Perry Montrose has joined its staff as the new director of religious education.
- Donequa Benton, a White Plains resident, was named to the Dean's List with honors at the College at Brockport .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.