WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Regina Monopoli of White Plains watched her baby's due date pass on Dec. 28 and waited patiently for what would be a New Year's surprise.
Born at White Plains Hospital in what Monopoli termed "a very fast labor," baby Samantha Joy arrived Wednesday at 6:07 a.m. among the first babies of the new year in Westchester.
Samantha Joy joins big sister Rachel, 2, as the latest of Regina and Daniel Monopoli's two children. Rachel is a November baby.
"I had some labor pains (Monday) night, but they went away, so i didn't think it was time even though the baby was overdue," Monopoli said. "Then, at 5 a.m., the pain was intense and i knew the baby was coming."
Samantha Joy, who weighed in at 8 pounds, 5 ounces, may have been late, but she was in a hurry to arrive on New Year's Day.
"We live close to the hospital but we just about made it," Monopoli said. "I'm fine. The baby is fine and Dad is doing well. It happened in less than an hour. It was crazy. I guess (Samantha's) birthday will be an easy one to remember."
- 1 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 2 White Plains Woman Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says