WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester Magazine will honor 10 individuals from the healthcare industry who illustrate excellence at an awards luncheon Thursday, May 14 at the Royal Regency Hotel in Yonkers.
The honorees are:
- Dr. Sherlita Amler – Commissioner Health, Westchester County
- Nick Franzoso, captain - Ossining Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
- Dr. William Frishman – internist/cardiologist, director of the Department of Medicine, Westchester Medical College, Chairman and Professor of Medicine, New York Medical College
- Beth Harris – health education coordinator, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Division
- Karlyn Jackson – supported housing program director, The Mental Health Association of Westchester
- Donald Johnson – program director, The Guidance Center of Westchester
- Dr. Erik Larsen – associate director, emergency department, White Plains Hospital
- Susan K. Matelich, EMT – Town of Mamaroneck/Village of Larchmont Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
- Dr, Carl Tegtmeier – special needs director, advisor, NY State Dental Association and State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, NYS Ninth District Dental Association.
- Dr. Craig Zalvan – medical director, The Institute for Voice and Swallowing Disorders, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Fellowship Trained Laryngologist Voice, Swallow and Cough Disorders, Associate Professor of Otolaryngology, New York Medical College, Faculty member, Family Medicine Program, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Adjunct Professor, Mercy College, Dept. of Communication Disorders
Individuals from all healthcare settings - hospitals, home healthcare, health centers, clinics, schools, health departments, long-term care, emergency services, medical practices, etc. -- were eligible for nomination.
A 500-word essay detailing why the nominee should be considered a Healthcare Hero was required as part of the nomination. A specially selected panel of judges from area colleges, healthcare facilities, healthcare organizations and Westchester Magazine’s editors assessed each nominee and chose the top 10 honorees.
All nominees receive a complimentary ticket to the luncheon. Additional tickets may be purchased online at westchestermagazine.com/healthcareheroes.
For more information on the luncheon, call 914-345-0601.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.