WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Powerball jackpot hit $550 million Wednesday, inspiring White Plains residents like Keith and Kenneth Stewart to take their 1 in 175,223,510 chances.
The twin brothers only play the lottery when there is a big jackpot, and are hoping for some twin magic when the winning numbers are drawn at 10:59 p.m. Wednesday.
“When they said it was a half-billion dollars, I went and bought two tickets,” Keith said.
If they were to win, Keith said he would buy a mini-mansion in Scarsdale and a Cadillac Escalade, while Kenneth said he would donate the first $2 million to Hurricane Sandy relief.
Frank Long doesn’t have a twin brother to increase his chances, but he is part of an office pool. Long said his office creates a pool whenever the Powerball jackpot gets big, and has won as much as $10,000 in the lottery.
“I’d like a lot of people to win, spread out the wealth a little bit,” Long said.
If you win the Powerball jackpot, how would you spend your winnings? Comment below or on The White Plains Daily Voice Facebook page.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester