WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains' Vintage Bar and Restaurant is set to host a special event to help send children with cancer to Sunrise Day Camp.
The restaurant will host "Rock the River" at 7 p.m., Feb. 27, to help raise funds to get children to the camp in Pearl River. The $125 ticket includes music by the Nerds, along with an open bar, dinner and silent auction items.
"It is a great evening to get on your dancing shoes, enjoy terrific food and prize, all to help children impacted with cancer," representatives said.
Sunrise Day Camps are the only full summer dedicated day camps in the country for children with cancer. The camp serves children from Manhattan, the Bronx, Westchester and Rockland, Southern Connecticut, and Northern New Jersey.
- 1 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 2 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd