WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. ‒ The sporting rifles Dick's Sporting Goods has stopped selling out of respect for the victims of the Newtown school shooting were not even carried in the chain's White Plains store, the company says.
"We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy," the statement read.
Managers at Westchester stores diverted questions to the chain’s corporate media relations team, which didn't immediately return calls for comment.
Among weapons whose sale was suspended by the chain is the Remington Modular Sniper Rifle, which the White Plains store did not carry previously.
- 1 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving White Plains Banks
- 3 White Plains Ranks Among Best Small-To-Midsize Cities In US
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App