WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. ‒ The sporting rifles Dick's Sporting Goods has stopped selling out of respect for the victims of the Newtown school shooting were not even carried in the chain's White Plains store, the company says.
"We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy," the statement read.
Managers at Westchester stores diverted questions to the chain’s corporate media relations team, which didn't immediately return calls for comment.
Among weapons whose sale was suspended by the chain is the Remington Modular Sniper Rifle, which the White Plains store did not carry previously.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola