WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The White Plains chapter of the Daughters Of The American Revolution participated in Heritage Sunday, July 6, with the historic Presbyterian Church on North Broadway, that is celebrating its 300th anniversary, in honor of the "Patriots of the Revolution."
There are more than 40 patriots buried in the church graveyard where the service took place. After the Declaration of Independence was read, the members read the name and rank of each patriot buried there.
In addition, member Cindy Kaufman spoke about the local history and the sacrifices the women made during the war and displayed the Battle of White Plains flag which many had never seen before.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs The Westchester In White Plains
- 3 White Plains Hospital Partnership With Montefiore Approved By State Panel
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Changing Transit Trends Prompt Call For New White Plains Train Station