WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- White Plains recently was ranked No.23 in livability.com's Top 100 places to live .
- An international social justice organization, Oxfam, came out to White Plains to campaign against Pepsi-Cola's alleged "land-grabbing" practices .
- Church Street School in White Plains is readying for its Community Fair Nov. 16 at the Church Street School gymnasium.
- With Election Day rapidly approaching, political hopefuls throughout Westchester County continue to debate how to best handle the crippling unfunded mandates that have become a drain on county municipalities.
- New York was ranked as the worst state for taxes in the 2014 Business Tax Climate Index by taxfoundation.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.