WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here's a look at events happening around White Plains this weekend. See our events listings for more.
ArtsBash : 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. ArtsWestchester's annual bash is all about food, fun, and fabulous art. There will be an exhibition of "Sculpture - On & Off the Wall", plus open artist studios, tastings from 30 top restaurants, and a party that spill out into a sidewalk tent. This year's event is in conjunction with the second-annual Food & Wine Festival . Tickets are $75. Arts Exchange, 31 Mamaroneck Ave.
Food & Wine Festival - The Grand Tasting : 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. There will be a Grand Tasting Saturday and Sunday of five-star cuisine and world-renowned wines at the Ritz-Carlton's Grand Ballroom. Tickets are $85, and also include access to live demonstrations by celebrity chefs on Saturday, including:
- Peter Kelly of X20 Xaviers on the Hudson at 12:30 p.m.
- Anthony Goncalves of 42 The Restaurant at 1:30 p.m.
- Chef and food critic "Face-Off" between Kelly, Bob Lape of WCBS 880's Dining Diary and Bryan Miller, a New York Times restaurant critic.
Sunday's demonstrations include:
- Eric Gabrynowicz of Restaurant North at 1 p.m.
- Andy Nusser of Tarry Lodge at 2 p.m.
- Top chef "Cook Off" between Ty-Lor Boring and Ashley Merriman, of the television show Top Chef .
Food & Wine Festival - Wine & Spirits Seminars : 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. Seminars will be given at the Ritz-Carlton's 42 The Restaurant on Saturday, including:
- Kevin Zraly - A Tour Through Tuscany at noon for $25,
- Crystal Clear: Does the Glass Make a Difference? at 1:15 p.m. for $75
- Modern Mixology: Bringing Cocktails Home with Dave Wondrich at 2:30 p.m. for $25.
- Kevin Zraly - Wines of Bordeaux at 12:30 p.m. for $25
- Prohibition Cocktails Clinic at 1:45 p.m. for $25
- Majestic Terroir of Sonoma at 3 p.m. for $25
Pizza and Poetry for Teens : 2-5 p.m. Learn poetry slam writing and performing skills with local slammaster Eric ZORK Alan. Pizza will be served after the program. White Plains Library, 100 Martine Ave.
Food & Wine Festival - Sparkling Sunday Brunch : 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Brunch will be served at 42 The Restaurant with champagne, desserts and a cash bar. Tickets are $50 ($64.19 including tax and gratuity).
Ted Brown Quartet Concert : 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. The Ted Brown Quartet will perform in the Library auditorium. One of its members, Blue Jack Jazz, has a pending CD release titled "Love Me or Leave Me".
If you have events you would like posted on The Daily White Plains, go to our calendar and click "Add Your Event," or email the information to White Plains reporter Brian Donnelly .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.