WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Westchester County municipality has been named the richest town in America, as Scarsdale became the only Hudson Valley municipality selected among 25 locations ranked nationally. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week.
- A popular bartender, Jason Shenkman, 32, was killed in a one-car fatal crash around midnight on the Taconic State Parkway early Wednesday in Mount Pleasant. Click here to read the story.
- New York State Police arrested a 28-year-old man after he allegedly pulled what appeared to be a handgun at another driver during a road rage incident on I-684 in North Salem.
- A 61-year-old contractor has pleaded guilty to a felony grand larceny charge for his role in defrauding and stealing millions of dollars from Westchester County clients that hired his waste hauling business based out of Briarcliff.
- Three people suffered injuries and traffic was temporarily tied up on I-684 near the Westchester County Airport exit when a car struck a tractor-trailer, blocking the right lane.
- The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced the $2,500 National Merit Scholarship winners in Westchester on Wednesday.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino said his lawsuits against the state over the closure of Indian Point are designed to protect the health, safety, and pocketbooks of nine million New Yorkers.
- A former Westchester high school drama teacher Christopher Schraufnagel apologized to his victims and the community during an appearance Tuesday in court.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.