SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories from last week around Southern Westchester County.
- Several high schools from around Westchester County were rated among the best in New York State .
- Educators say unless Gov. Andrew Cuomo steps in with more funding, Yonkers Public Schools will be forced to lay off 101 people .
- Sherry Saturno, executive director of the Hudson Valley Care Coalition in Tarrytown, is the writer and director of a new short documentary film , "Human Investment."
- Madison Nails, a Scarsdale salon, was recently mentioned in an investigative report by The New York Times regarding unfair treatment of manicurists.
- Former Rye High School baseball star Jake Meyerson is leading his team in hits this season as a junior at the University of Rochester.
- Funeral services were held Monday for the two men killed in a Hastings explosion .
- Pelham native Sean Donnelly signed an undrafted free agent contract with the New York Giants .
- Patsy's Pizzeria celebrated its grand opening in New Rochelle.
- A Mount Vernon resident has been sentenced to 22 years to life in connection with the death of 85-year-old Emma Gruber.
- The Thruway Authority closed Exit 19B on Interstate 95 in Mamaroneck for an extended period on Friday for paving and repairs.
- Harrison resident Luis Aguilera opened a new taqueria that will make authentic and healthy Mexican fare.
- The president of the Elmsford School Board resigned Tuesday night and withdrew his name for reelection in next Tuesday's election after CBS New York discovered he moved to Yorktown.
- Eastchester residents are set to vote on an $80 million school budget on May 19.
- Hundreds of local shoppers flooded Bronxville as the village celebrated the outdoor return of the popular farmers market .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.