WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Zachary Dunn, an 18-year-old motorist, was killed when his disabled vehicle was struck on the northbound Saw Mill River Parkway near McLean Avenue in Yonkers.
- A 53-year-old White Plains woman dubbed the “Buff Bod Bandit” was sentenced Wednesday to 13½ years in federal prison for robbing a Glen Rock, N.J., bank of $112,900 and using an elderly victim’s checks to steal $198,750.
- The Ms. Senior America 2016 Pageant in Atlantic City is coming up on Oct. 18, and nothing is going to stop White Plains resident Gladys Kovarcik Nilsen -- not even double knee replacements -- from performing.
- A 65-year-old man from Yonkers was killed on Thursday morning when his car rolled over on southbound I-684 as it approached I-287, state police said.
- Joaquin Garcia, a 28-year-old Yonkers resident, was sentenced Thursday to 20 years to life for murdering a man and dumping his body in Ossining.
- By a 4-3 vote on Tuesday night, the White Plains Common Council approved a settlement agreement that allows the French-American School of New York to develop a smaller school at the former Ridgeway Country Club.
- Police said Thursday that they have arrested a 24-year-old Rye man on drug possession charges with the intent to sell, a Class B felony.
- A four-alarm fire broke out Sunday night, Sept. 4, inside an apartment-style dorm at Purchase College.
- Developers got the OK from officials in Harrison to build a complex with 421 rental apartments, including 42 affordable ones at 103-105 Corporate Park Drive (Platinum Mile).
- The four people facing charges of acting as massage therapists without required licenses after Greenburgh Police raided a pair of Scarsdale spas on Friday were identified late Sunday afternoon, Sept. 4.
- The driver responsible for a crash on the Taconic Parkway in August 2015 that killed four people, including his daughter, was arraigned in court Friday after prosecutors said he was driving with his knees before the crash occurred.
- New York State Police are asking for the public's help in locating a Tarrytown man who is wanted on a bench warrant for driving while drunk.
- Village of Mamaroneck police received calls about a "large fight" about 7:20 p.m. on Sunday night, Sept. 4, on Mamaroneck Avenue near Grant Street.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.