WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Budget Commissioner Michael Genito presented his proposed budget of $176.1 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year to Mayor Tom Roach and the Common Council. The proposed budget calls for a 2.3 percent raise in property taxes.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named 17 schools in Westchester County among the most challenging in New York State.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale, according to a report on LoHud.com.
- White Plains Hospital's board of directors has announced that Susan Fox will become president and chief executive officer upon Jon Schandler’s retirement in 2015.
- 1 White Plains Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 3 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 4 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow