WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Budget Commissioner Michael Genito presented his proposed budget of $176.1 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year to Mayor Tom Roach and the Common Council. The proposed budget calls for a 2.3 percent raise in property taxes.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named 17 schools in Westchester County among the most challenging in New York State.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale, according to a report on LoHud.com.
- White Plains Hospital's board of directors has announced that Susan Fox will become president and chief executive officer upon Jon Schandler’s retirement in 2015.
- 1 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation