WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Budget Commissioner Michael Genito presented his proposed budget of $176.1 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year to Mayor Tom Roach and the Common Council. The proposed budget calls for a 2.3 percent raise in property taxes.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named 17 schools in Westchester County among the most challenging in New York State.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale , according to a report on LoHud.com.
- White Plains Hospital's board of directors has announced that Susan Fox will become president and chief executive officer upon Jon Schandler’s retirement in 2015.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.