NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following are the top stories of the week for northern Westchester County.
- A substitute teacher in the the White Plains School District claims he was asked to leave his job over a classroom Trump discussion in October.
- An 81-year-old Westchester woman was killed Saturday after a two-vehicle crash near a shopping center in the area of 2550 Central Park Ave. in Yonkers.
- A Rye Neck High School teacher is facing Federal child pornography charges after his arrest Wednesday, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District announced.
- A group of seasonal workers at the Century Golf Club in Purchase have been charged in connection to an unemployment insurance scam that net them more than $100,000 in stolen benefits while they were out of the country.
- A Westchester man was identified as the pedestrian who was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer Saturday on southbound I-95 in Greenwich, Conn.
- The 6-year-old Westchester boy who got a shoutout from President Barack Obama for his “humanity” at the United Nations earlier this year got the thrill of a lifetime when he was invited to Washington, D.C., to tour the White House with his hero.