ORANGETOWN, N.Y. – New York State Police troopers from the Tarrytown station assisted in convincing a despondent man on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge not to jump on Wednesday, June 11.
The troopers responded to a report of a disabled vehicle located on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge and found a man standing near the rail, according to a state police report.
"State Police quickly arrived at the scene and observed a 35-year-old man standing outside of a vehicle near the rail," the report read. "The man was despondent and expressed a suicidal intention."
Troopers talked to the man, who agreed to go with them, and moments later he was safely secured in a patrol vehicle.
Troopers then transported him to Nyack Hospital for evaluation.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 White Plains Man Stopped With 480 Packets Of Heroin
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash