ORANGETOWN, N.Y. – New York State Police troopers from the Tarrytown station assisted in convincing a despondent man on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge not to jump on Wednesday, June 11.
The troopers responded to a report of a disabled vehicle located on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge and found a man standing near the rail, according to a state police report.
"State Police quickly arrived at the scene and observed a 35-year-old man standing outside of a vehicle near the rail," the report read. "The man was despondent and expressed a suicidal intention."
Troopers talked to the man, who agreed to go with them, and moments later he was safely secured in a patrol vehicle.
Troopers then transported him to Nyack Hospital for evaluation.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 3 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 5 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News