WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Near-blizzard conditions brought more than half-a-foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures to White Plains on Thursday night into Friday.
- Westchester County's unemployment rate fell to under 6 percent in November, according to the state Department of Labor.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators reached the $225 million mark for the 2012-13 legislative term in approved bonds for 152 separate capital projects, according to a press release.
- William Ryan (D-White Plains) is leaving the Board of Legislators for Westchester County Health Care Corp., according to a report from WestFair online.
- A White Plains man was charged with 10 felonies after he was accused of stealing and cashing checks over a period of eight months.
- Shai Schechter, a junior at SUNY Purchase, is launching a business to produce an innovative 3D printer with a number of key differences that will make it more efficient and affordable than similar devices.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School