This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Steady snow made for a slow go for area commuters Tuesday evening.
Heavy volume was reported on all the major roadways in the area as well as several accidents.
It was an especially slow-go on southbound I-95 near the Westchester/Connecticut border as a result of snow on the roadway.
An accident on eastbound I-84 in Carmel caused delays near Exit 18 (Route 311). It was reported at 5:50 p.m.
An accident on the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway in Bedford initially took out the left lane. It was reported at 5:30 p.m.
Farther south, an accident on the northbound Sprain Brook Parkway caused delays at Jackson Avenue in Yonkers.
Bee-Line buses and Paratransit vehicles were operating with 30 minute delays.
The following routes are operating on the standard snow detours:
- Route 8-No service to Nodine Hill. Bus will travel on Nepperhan Ave. between Elm Street and Walnut Street.
- Route 30-No service to Stone Avenue and Fortfield Avenue. Bus will continue on Lockwood Avenue and Mile Square Road instead.
- Route 32-No service to Nodine Hill.
- Route 60-No service on Bryant Avenue or Old Mamaroneck Road. Bus will remain on Mamaroneck Avenue.
- The last northbound Route 1T and Route 1W will not be traveling on Warburton Avenue Buses will operate on North Broadway between Getty Square in Yonkers and Spring Street in Hastings.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.