WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- A man arrested in Stony Point for possession of prescription pills and steroids earlier this week is an aide to U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and has since been placed on leave. The charges were later dismissed.
- A Westchester woman died after jumping off the Bear Mountain Bridge Tuesday afternoon in what Westchester County Police are calling a suicide.
- Westchester native and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has recently purchased four homes for $43.8 million to ensure privacy.
- Real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump, who owns an estate and properties throughout the Hudson Valley, has hit the so-called "magic number" of delegates required for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Con Edison is warning customers not to fall for scams in which a caller threatens a service turnoff unless the customer purchases a pre-paid card or arranges for a transfer via MoneyGram to pay a bill.
- The Rye High School Rowers are New York State champions.
- A Guatemalan immigrant has pleaded guilty in Westchester County Court to sexually assaulting a minor in New Rochelle.
- A prominent Yonkers gang member has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to murder, racketeering and narcotics charges earlier this year.
- The Sleepy Hollow High School Jazz Band received a perfect score, "Gold with Distinction," recently at the NYSSMA Major Ensemble festival held at Fox Lane High School.
- A Mount Vernon gang member has been arraigned on murder charges for his role in a 2011 shooting gone wrong on city streets.
- Verizon and striking union leaders said Friday that a tentative contract agreement has been reached.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.