WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- The White Plains Common Council meeting tabled a decision on adopting a proposal for construction of a 45-acre campus for the French-American School of New York (FASNY).
- Thirty people were apparently injured in a crash on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers that involved more than two dozen cars,Lohud is reporting.
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) has approved a 2014 County Budget, which includes funding to resume the low-income Title XX child care program, frozen since 2010.
- The White Plains Youth Bureau has launched an initiative to get students more interested in what after school supervisor Martin Rudow calls, "the careers of the future."