WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- The White Plains Common Council meeting tabled a decision on adopting a proposal for construction of a 45-acre campus for the French-American School of New York (FASNY) .
- Thirty people were apparently injured in a crash on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers that involved more than two dozen cars,Lohud is reporting.
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) has approved a 2014 County Budget , which includes funding to resume the low-income Title XX child care program, frozen since 2010.
- The White Plains Youth Bureau has launched an initiative to get students more interested in what after school supervisor Martin Rudow calls, "the careers of the future."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.