WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- Some state legislators want to extend legislative terms from two to four years and the Senate took the first step by passing a resolution 41-16 to set up a proposed amendment to the state Constitution.
- The man who police say tried to rob a White Plains warehouse Friday morning and was injured when his gun went off during a struggle is still hospitalized and charges are pending.
- MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
- The Woman's Club of White Plains recently held its annual spring dinner to honor this year's scholarship recipients from White Plains High School.
- 1 Two Westchester Post Offices Offer Extended Hours For Tax Day
- 2 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 3 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 4 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates