WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- Some state legislators want to extend legislative terms from two to four years and the Senate took the first step by passing a resolution 41-16 to set up a proposed amendment to the state Constitution.
- The man who police say tried to rob a White Plains warehouse Friday morning and was injured when his gun went off during a struggle is still hospitalized and charges are pending.
- MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
- The Woman's Club of White Plains recently held its annual spring dinner to honor this year's scholarship recipients from White Plains High School.
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson