WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- Westchester County based attorney has resigned his position with the New York City Bar Association after publishing racist tweets about Sheriff Chris Moss, according to News 12 Westchester.
- The 21-year-old man who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich died as a result of his injuries, according to multiple reports.
- The Harrison community is mourning the sudden loss of high school student Andrew Gurgitano.
- Police talked a 19-year-old man out of jumping off a garage roof at the White Plains Galleria, according to lohud.com.
- The White Plains High School Academic “A” Team came in first among 44 teams in the Westchester Academic Challenge of Knowledge Organization (WACKO) tournament on Nov. 1 at White Plains High School.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.